Here at Aspen Wolf we are currently recruiting for a Care Taker for a School based in the Durham area
All candidates must have a Enhanced DBS.
£9.62 per hour
Shifts are Wednesday 2pm-5:30pm Thursday and Friday split shifts 06:30am-10:30am & 2pm-5:30pm
- To carry out the general functions as specified in the Caretaking Staff Handbook and also any other duties as the Area Facilities Manager may reasonably request from time to time.
- To ensure that the premises are cleaned in accordance with the cleaning specification.
- To advise the Area Facilities Manager whenever the need arises for “additional cleaning service orders” in the main storage and loading bay areas.
- To place orders on the Property Help Desk for any necessary repairs and to maintain a “site repair log book”, which will be used to inform regular discussions with the Area Facilities Manager.
- To liaise with the Landlord’s Site Superintendent on all matters pertaining to access, cleanliness, heating, maintenance and security of the building.
- To maintain the general security and safety of the premises and grounds.
- To undertake general porterage duties.
- To carry out first line repairs and maintenance.
- To have a commitment to energy efficiency.
Security of the Premises
- Daily locking/unlocking of gates, doors and windows at the prescribed times.
- Daily setting/unsetting of alarm system.
- To be a named keyholder for the building and attend the site when required eg after an intruder alert, or at the request of the Police etc.
- In emergencies, securing the premises eg boarding up windows etc, liaising with police, the alarm engineers and ensuring the necessary repairs are carried out as quickly as is practicable.
- Maintaining the security of the premises when used after hours.
- To clean designated areas in the premises as directed by the Area Facilities Manager.
- To monitor the effectiveness of any contract cleaners who may be brought in to carry out additional service cleaning orders.
- Replenishing soap, paper towel and toilet tissue dispensers daily.
- Reporting all accidents to the Area Facilities Manage
Health and Safety
- Checking premises and equipment daily for damage/wear and tear, maintain Building Maintenance Log, arrange repairs where necessary
- Checking that electrical equipment, heaters etc. are switched off before locking up.
- Ensuring safe storage of equipment and materials.
- Ensuring that protective clothing and footwear appropriate to the prevailing conditions is worn, only approved materials are used during work related activities and that safe methods of work are adopted in line with Health and Safety requirements and best practice.
- Attending appropriate Health and Safety training courses as part of the training requirements identified as part of the Job Appraisal process, or others as identified.
- Snow clearing and salting paths etc. as required.
Please send your up to date CV to email@example.com